I solved the final problem with getting the Title Tag to show what I want. I had to add an override of wp_title in the same plugin that I wrote to handle the variables. I got hung up for awhile trying to get it to work and eventually figured out that I needed to turn […]
Okay, the challenge of moving the Product pages to be within WordPress in the new theme was too tempting to pass up on, and after a couple of days of experimenting and some help from the “Atahualpa” forums I’ve got it working. I didn’t need to define a new template page or anything. It did […]
I’ve switched the WordPress theme that I’m using from “F2” to “Atahualpa”. “F2” worked well except it wouldn’t handle wide tables properly, instead of compressing the sides and wrapping the text within the cells, it would simply chop off the right hand side of the table.
The “Athahualpa” theme handles the wide tables well, although […]
The behind the scenes database revamp is almost done, I still need to go back and clean up a few columns that aren’t needed anymore and check some of the linking and constraints between the tables. I also want to look at the select statements I’m using in the php pages, right now I use […]
The first major stage of the revamp of the site is now done. I’ve completely revamped the underlying database for the site, normalizing most of the tables and creating some views to make working with the tables easier. This allowed for major improvements in how I have been handling Authors and the extra images that […]
I finally sorted out the issues I was having with the new F2 theme, boiled down to where I was placing the call to header.php. I also managed to fix the problem I was having with the individual product pages coming up as “Page not found” in the title, hopefully this will also help the […]
I’ve reverted back to the old version of the F2 theme, it seems the new version doesn’t work well with my customizations for the individual product pages.
I’ve used the newer one for several months, so I’m surprised no one, including myself, had noticed those pages weren’t working.
At some point when I get some […]
I’ve now set up the new banner at the top of the page. Because of the height of the banner, it looked a little strange with such large blank bars on each side of the banner, so I set it up to be centered but to repeat parts of the banner to the side. Let […]
Finally added an enhancement that I have been wanting to do for quite awhile now. You can now click on some of the column headings in the product lists to resort them by that column.
The default sort order has always been by release date, but I’ve often thought that ordering the list by Stock […]
Experimenting with adding an RSS news feed to the sidebar, added a “Recent News From ICE” section to the sidebar. Seems to be working quite nicely. It displays the most recent headlines from ICE’s Homepage