Category Archives

November 2017
M T W T F S S
« Apr    
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  

Technical Difficulties

My ISP is having some technical difficulties which will hopefully be resolved soon, but is causing parts of the site to be unavailable on and off. If the side menus only have a couple of entries showing, then the problem is occuring again and you’ll probably need to try again in about 30 minutes. Sorry […]

Trying the new theme again.

It’s amazing what one stray “float: left” in your style.css can do to your pages. Got rid of that and the new Theme works much better, so I’ve reactivated it.

Reverted back to previous theme

Reverted back to using the Journalized theme as the Sidebar menu doesn’t show up in Explorer in the new theme, although it works fine in Mozilla and Firefox.

New Theme for the site

I’ve created a new theme for the site, which I admit looks an awful lot like the old Journalized theme, but I’ve simplified some sections to make it easier to work with, especially when I am integrating the big list of pages that exist outside the WordPress structure. It also allows me to more easily […]

Headers and Menus

I’ve updated the Headers and Menus on the static pages so that it looks consistent (almost) with the Header and Menus on the WordPress pages, actually managed to get it to pull in the WordPress menu on the non-Wordpress pages, although the column width shrinks a little and the spacing between lines of text gets […]

Site Updates

Added my standard footer text to the WordPress pages, but it seemed to cause some odd screen display problems so I’ve pulled it out again Added the Header and Menu text to the “Joining the ICE Webring” page (and renamed the link). A handy trick I picked up somewhere, to get a link to show […]

New Layout

Started implementing some major changes to the ICEWebring site. Most notable change is the new WordPress driven main page that you are seeing here. Behind the scenes, I’ve also changed all of the extensions of the files from .shtml to .php, which involved changing some code in over 500 pages to properly include the headers […]